02 December 2016

Top 10 Creepypastas (Internet Horror Stories) I've read.

I like to read creepypastas from time to time. So I'm making yet another top 10 list on the 10 best creepypastas I've read.
Rules:

1. I'm rating the creepypastas based on 3 factors: How much I enjoyed the story, how much the story scared me and how long I thought about the story

2. I’m rating the stories based on my opinion.

3. This isn’t really a rule but a note. I will leave links to the full story at the end of each entry. Feel free to check these out if you haven’t already read them,

Now let’s get started with this list.

10. Mr. Mix: Mr. Mix is a gaming creepypasta based on a typing game of the same name. It seemed like a pretty good story to me. The reason it’s only on number 10 is because it didn’t really scare me all that much and I spent little time thinking about it. It’s still a good Creepypasta to read from time to time and I’d recommend you to try it out. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Mix

9. Smile.JPG (A.K.A Smile. Dog): Smile.JPG is a pretty popular creepypasta. It’s about a picture that people used to post in the form of chain mail on different websites from the 90’s to the early 2000’s. It’s on number 9 on my list because I didn’t really enjoy the writing too much. But it did scare me more than Mr.mix and I even spent more time thinking about it. Give this a read if you’ve got time. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Smile.JPG

8. Unknow Format: Unknown format is creepypasta about a guy who gets a program that will let him play the games he got from his friend on his computer. This program allows him to do this with ease but he must always follow the instructions. If he doesn’t, the game turns into dark and sinister version of its original self. This creepypasta is written in a style you don’t often see. I enjoyed reading and thinking about it. http://someordinarygamers.wikia.com/wiki/Unknown_Format

7. I HATE YOU: I hate you is a Mario creepypasta. It is pretty enjoyable. It has a few plot holes here and there but nothing that spoils it. I spent a lot of time thinking about this one and really enjoyed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVYZpZrtomE

6. Funnymouth: Funny mouth is beautifully written creepypasta by Slimebeast. It can get confusing but it’s still nice to read. Try it out! http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Funnymouth

5. Secret Admirer: People will probably hate me for rating this higher than funnymouth but this my list with my opinions. This is a type of creepypasta you listen to instead of read. It’s about a boy obsessed with a girl he likes. What happens to him… It’s best to discover for yourself. It got me scared, got me thinking and I liked listening to this. Try it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSTG_KM_t3Q&list=PL376vJF9hLjhrM4s5jYmj4mTAYvhC-3PX

4. Mother’s Call: This is incredibly small creepypasta. A girl is playing in her room upstairs when she hears her mother calling her from the kitchen. She walks down the stairs to the kitchen. As she reached the 1st floor, someone pulled her into a cupboard. It was her mother. She whispered “Don’t go in the kitchen. I heard it too.” This is where the story ends. The beauty of this story is that, its scare factor depends completely on the reader’s interpretation of the story. It gets the number 4 spot because this is the story that made me spend the longest time thinking about it. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Mother%27s_Call

3. Spongebob’s Suicide: This is a lost episode creepypasta about Spongebob Squarepants, a TV show owned by Nickelodeon. Now I’m not talking about the creepypasta Squidward’s Suicide. As popular as it is, let’s face it, its way overrated. It has tons of clichés and random child violence. Now Spongebob’s Suicide is like a hidden gem among creepypastas. People rarely talk about it. This creepypasta depicts a lost episode of Spongebob where we see a depressed Spongebob. A lot of the things in this story make sense and fits really well with the overall atmosphere of the story. It made me think about it for quite a long time and it also delivered on the scare factor. This is why I put this at number 3. If you’re not cursing me for making this list right now, feel free to check it out. I highly recommend you listen to this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ReBc8vTkU

2. Facebook Friends: Here we have another beautiful creepypasta by Maximilian Porky. It’s about a guy who creates a Facebook account. He randomly requests people to be his friend even if he doesn’t know them. Now the thing about this creepypasta that really got me was that these types of people actually exist in the world. I realized that this story can easily be true. This is what scared me the most. I can’t just brush this off as just another made-up ghost story because these types of psychopaths exist. This is the story that scared me the most. This is why it gets number 2 spot on the list. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Facebook_Friends

1. NES Godzilla: This story is a masterpiece. This creepypasta is huge and image heavy. I had the most fun reading this one. It gets the top spot on my list purely because how much I enjoyed reading this one. It’s about a guy who gets the game NES Godzilla for is NES. He soon experiences glitches, changes in game and even graphics (not hyper-realistic) that go beyond the limitations of the NES. You should definitely read this if you have the time. http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/NES_Godzilla_Creepypasta

That’s it for this post.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment